'NICO's work is all about girls, young and hip, yet retrospective girls. She is working towards her goal of creating a new kind of pop - NICOPOP!'
Nico is an illustrator from Osaka in Japan.
She worked in a design company for three years after her graduation from fine-arts junior college and then went on to become a full time illustrator.
She is inspired by modern life balanced with a strong influence of
Scandinavian design in the 1960’s.
Her work is all about girls, young and hip, yet retrospective girls.
She is working towards her goal of creating a new kind of pop - NICOPOP!
She has produced illustrations for CD jackets, character designs, stationary, cosmetics companies and magazines.
- 2005 POP TUNE TOKYO
- 2004 ART WAD’S
- 2011.12 Blue Roses
- 2011.08 Crowded Teeth @ Munky King/LA
- 2011.05 Bunnies&Bows LA
- 2011.04 Magical Girls Meltdown Comics
- 2011.03 PrayForJapan Japan L.A.
- 2011.02 Real Japanese Kawaii / GIANT ROBOT
- 2011.01 What is Q? @ Q-Pop/LA
- 2010.11 SHIBUYA KAWAII STAY
- 2010.11 Blue Roses - Very Merry Holy
- 2010.11 LOF @ Cafe ZENON
- 2010.09 SWEET STREET 2/LA
- 2009.12 BlueRoses
- 2009.04 SHIBUYA GIRLS POP CURTAIN CALL
- 2006.08 ELLE LOVES ART
- 2012 8P
- 2011 The New Wave of Japanese Illustration
- 2008 DPI (Taiwan）
- 2007 IdN（UK）
- 2006 ILLUSTRATION NOW!/Tashen（UK）
- 2005 MONDO FRAGILE 2/DELICATESSEN（Italy）
- 2002 Impress Graphic Design（Korea）
- Sportswear International magazine/ Nolita
- TOWER RECORDS